How to Level Up Your Barbershop Services

From refreshments and in-depth consultations to facials and massages, going the extra mile with your barbershop services is crucial when nurturing a loyal clientele…

Grooming and styling specialists are catering to a new wave of clients wanting to embrace an immersive salon experience by transcending the traditional boundaries of barbering. Recent research by Chris & Sons revealed that 62% of British men are interested in grooming products and services. “While some still prefer a quick visit, many now seek a more comprehensive service. It’s a shift from a transactional haircut to a consultative experience,” says Charles Rose, Director of Crate Cheshire.

Redefining the Space

An increasing number of men are investing more time and money into their aesthetic wellness and self-care practices. Industry professionals are also capitalising on this cultural shift, promoting their barbershops as a one-stop destination for their clients grooming needs. Avanzato Grooming Lounge have taken this one step further by combining their luxury barbering services with wellness and holistic treatments, “Emphasising the importance of self-care”, says Afarin Farzadnejad. “Through our warm and friendly approach, we actively listen to clients’ unique needs and provide personalised, bespoke services,” explains Afarin, adding: “This shows confidence in our skills and makes the client’s experience memorable; encouraging their return, and creating personal relationships with them.”

Owner of West and Hunter, Zamaine Ismail agrees: “While our space plays a large role in attracting new clients, it’s our team that keeps them returning.” Zamaine and his team refuse to compromise to deliver a quality experience. From the interior, staffing and products to the drinks and time allocation, he believes it was a combination of experiential components that led to winning Best Client Experience at the 2023 Modern Barber Awards: “Our customer experience, space and standard operating procedures have blurred the lines between an à la carte style restaurant service and traditional hairdressing practices to create a sense of heritage, expertise and passion. Our mission was to change the perspective of getting a treatment or haircut and make it something to look forward to.”

The Experience

Pampering is the name of the game at Ruger, and their best-selling service ‘The Ultimate Package’ includes a facial, head massage, haircut and brow wax. Carlie Cardle, Salon Director at Ruger, believes the minute a client is greeted, their appointment has begun. “We offer barista coffee, wash their hair and carry out a thorough consultation to ensure their expectations are met.” Anthony Ieronimou, Founder of Huslrs Barbershop, says the secret is “remembering specific preferences to make clients feel genuinely valued.”

Avanzato’s curated list of add-on treatments and services, aims to assist clients in addressing their specific needs. “Our dedicated therapist is available for nail maintenance, skin concerns, muscle discomfort, or simply to help the client unwind,” says Afarin. “We also have an experienced aesthetician on hand to provide more specialised services, including injectables, for those seeking comprehensive care and tailored treatments.” This care doesn’t stop once the client leaves, the team at Avanzato make it a priority to provide clients with valuable home tips. “We remind them that while we handle 30% of their grooming routine, the other 70% must be managed by them,” Afarin adds.

These shops are redefining what barbering means and providing clients with a way to care for themselves – and in return, they stick around. Taking the time to develop a bespoke client experience – full of bespoke barbershop services –  is the key to long-lasting connections which will only work to elevate your business to new heights.

When it comes to elevating your clients’ experience, you might also want to think about how to create the perfect environment

Image credit: Ruger


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *